Frequently Asked Questions:
What is CHC?
A managed care program for individuals in Pennsylvania who are eligible for Medicaid and Medicare and individuals with physical disabilities who can benefit from a program which gives them the time to have an improved quality of life through the CHC’s assistance.
Do I qualify for CHC?
You qualify for CHC if you are:
- 21 years or older
- Dually eligible for Medicare and Medicaid OR qualify for Medicaid long-term services and supports (LTSS) due to a high need for nursing facility provided care
- Not a resident in a state-operated nursing facility
- Not a person with intellectual or developmental disability who is eligible for services through the Department of Human Services’ Office of Development Programs (ODP)
What plans are available under CHC?
The following three plans are available:
- Amerihealth Caritas
- PA Health & Wellness
- UPMC Community HealthChoices
What do I get out of CHC?
- A care coordinator who works with you and your doctor to create a health care plan developed around you
- Help writing a health plan to help meet your health goals
- Assistance making doctors appointment
- Transportation location for doctor visits
- Ensure pre-approvals and referrals are sent
- Access to community and social services
- If you are in a Medicaid Advantage plan, no change to your Medicare PCP is necessary
Do you need care?
Reach out to us and we will give you a call within 24 hours.